AP® English Literature and Composition - Online
Week 3: June 29 - July 2, 2020
This 4-day workshop explores the world of teaching AP® Literature and Composition for New AP English Literature and Composition teachers. Some of the areas that will be covered will include the Course Framework, passage analysis strategies, close reading methods and practices, drawing inferences, and importance of purpose or effect in analysis as well as novel unit organization suggestions and activities. Creation of challenging analytical tools for major works, teaching and scoring student writing, creative discussions, strategies for multiple choice testing, holistic scoring, and simulated AP® exam grading will be included. Participants will also have opportunities to share best practices as well in this asynchronous and synchronous interactive workshop.
What You Will Learn
- How to help students develop an analytical interpretive voice rather than a voice of mere summary
- How to teach composition strategies found in the "6" essay
- How to help students develop a sophisticated syntax-weaving grammar into the writing process
How You Will Benefit
- Design instruction that provides students with objective feedback regarding reading and writing skills
- Implement strategies that demystify for the weakest students the intellectual movements of top students
- Create a classroom instructional environment that seeks regular moments of 100% engagement and physical movement
How Online Workshops Will Work
No one wants to sit and watch a 32-hour long webinar, so we are working closely with our consultants to develop a modified course schedule that allows you greater flexibility, but still getting the knowledge and skills you need.
Live-online instruction will be conducted through Zoom while asynchronous learning assignments will be managed through Canvas, the University’s learning management system (LMS).
Once you register, we will provide you with more details on how to access the platforms as well as your materials.
To register, please visit our registration portal.