AP® Calculus AB
During the 2018 AP® Calculus AB APSI Workshop, participants will:
- Understand the essential topics covered in the Advanced Placement Calculus AB course.
- Identify teaching strategies to be used in the AP Calculus classroom that prepare students for the AP test and college calculus work.
- Review and analyze actual AP Calculus test questions and discuss how AP readers score the FRQ’s.
- Develop appropriate evaluation practices to assess student performance in AP Calculus.
- Review changes to the AP Calculus course.
- Develop strategies to ensure equity and access for students.
- Identify and evaluate best practices learned from other AP Calculus teachers.
Instructor - Kenneth Moore
Kenny Moore was born and raised in Waycross, GA where he attended Ware Co. High School. Upon graduation, he attended the University of Georgia in Athens where he earned a BSED in Math Education. He later added a Masters from UGA and an Educational Specialist degree from The State University of West Georgia.
Kenny began his teaching and coaching career at Jefferson High School in 1976. He later taught and coached at Perry High for 6 years and for 4 years he was the head football coach and Athletic Director at Charlton Co. High School in Folkston, GA. In 1989, the Moore family moved to LaGrange, GA where Kenny has been teaching and coaching ever since. Kenny has held leadership roles in his school, his community, and his church. Over his 41 year career in education, he has received many awards such as STAR Teacher, Teacher of the Year, Coach of the Year in multiple sports, and Community Visionary Award to name a few.
Kenny has taught AP Calculus (AB and BC) at LHS for 27 years and has been an AP Calculus reader for 9 years. For several years, he led Calculus workshops for the Georgia State Department of Education. For the past 4 years, Kenny has served as a consultant with the College Board and has had the great privilege to lead one day workshops and Advanced Placement Summer Institutes in several states. He also had the great honor of leading a 2-day workshop for Chinese and international teaching in Cumming, China.