Assessing Quality Education
- Each academic department/program will provide a retrospective evaluation of its distance education courses as a part of the department’s five-year or periodic accreditation review.
- This evaluation shall consist of the following:
- Evidence of sufficient student demand for courses and cost effectiveness of the courses over the period of review.
- Evidence of equivalence of content, rigor, and standards for distance education courses and traditionally taught courses over the period of review.
- Evidence of student achievement over the period of review.
- Evidence of student satisfaction over the period of review.
- Evidence of faculty satisfaction with course delivery support services over the period of review.
- Faculty teaching distance education courses may be asked to present their course materials for review and evaluation.
- Students enrolled in each distance education course will have the opportunity to complete a course evaluation survey at the end of the semester.
- The Distance Education Advisory Council shall create suitable distance education course evaluations to be used with all distance education courses and in conjunction with the survey created by the Student Rating of Faculty Instruction Committee.