Educational Opportunity Center (EOC)
"Connecting Adults to Education"
The Educational Opportunity Center offers FREE counseling and information to those who do not already have a four-year degree and who want to enter or continue a program of post-secondary education. Don't have a high school diploma or GED? We help with that too!
Some of the services that the EOC can provide:
- Finding a GED program
- Choosing a college
- Career counseling
- Completing college applications - we work with all accredited colleges!
- Filling out the FAFSA (Free Application For Student Aid) to start the financial aid process.
- Learning about Tennessee HOPE and Georgia Hope Scholarships.
- Finding and applying for other scholarships and grants.
- Community involvement - need a workshop about college access? Call us for more information.
The Educational Opportunity Center is funded by the U.S. Department of Education. We serve anyone who does not already have a four-year degree and who reside in one of the following counties:
- Tennessee: Hamilton, Marion, Sequatchie, Bledsoe and Grundy Counties
- Georgia: Walker, Dade, Catoosa, Whitfield, Murray and Chattooga Counties
Preference is given to those that are low-income, first generation (neither parent graduated from college with a four-year degree) and are interested in attending college. We are proud to serve our area Veterans and their families! We also assist youth in Foster Care and homeless youth.
Call (423) 425-1702 to set up an appointment with one of our Education Advisors. All services are FREE!