Educational Opportunity Center (EOC)
“Connecting Adults to Education"
The Educational Opportunity Center offers FREE counseling and information to those who do not already have a four-year degree and who want to enter or continue a program of post-secondary education. Don't have a high school diploma or GED? We help with that too!
Some of the services that the EOC can provide:
- Finding a GED program
- Choosing a college
- Career counseling
- Completing college applications - we work with all accredited colleges!
- Filling out the FAFSA (Free Application For Student Aid) to start the financial aid process.
- Learning about Tennessee HOPE and Georgia Hope Scholarships.
- Finding and applying for other scholarships and grants.
- Community involvement - need a workshop about college access? Call us for more information.
The Educational Opportunity Center is funded by the U.S. Department of Education. We serve anyone who does not already have a four-year degree and who reside in one of the following counties:
- Tennessee: Hamilton, Marion, Sequatchie, Bledsoe and Grundy Counties
- Georgia: Walker, Dade, Catoosa, Whitfield, Murray and Chattooga Counties
Preference is given to those that are low-income, first generation (neither parent graduated from college with a four-year degree) and are interested in attending college. We are proud to serve our area Veterans and their families! We also assist youth in Foster Care and homeless youth.