INFOSEC CMRJ 1100:
Introduction to the Criminal Justice System (3)
An overview of the criminal justice system as it currently operates in its three major componnets: police, courts, corrections. A broad-based interdisciplinary perspective is employed to introduce the student to theories of crime and the process of criminal justice in modern America.
Title: Criminal Justice in America
Authors: G. F. Cole & C. E. Smith
Publisher: Wadsworth Publishing, Belmont, CA
1. Overview of the CJ System
2. Understanding Crime
3. Criminal Justice System and the Law
4&5. Policing in America
6. Policing and Law
7. Police Issues and Trends
9. Court Processes
12. Alternative Sanctions
13. Prisons and Jails
14. Release and supervisions
15. Juvenile Justice
- Messinger, S. L. (January 01, 1982). Introduction to the criminal justice system. Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology, 73, 1, 406-408.
- Ardley, J. (January 01, 2006). Criminal Justice: An Introduction to the Criminal Justice System in England and Wales.(Book review). International Review of Victimology, 13, 1, 119-120.
- East, R. (January 01, 2006). Criminal Justice: An Introduction to the Criminal Justice System in England and Wales.(Book review). Law Teacher, 40, 3, 358-360.
- Cheston, L. (March 01, 2007). Criminal Justice: An Introduction to Crime and the Criminal Justice System. Probation Journal, 54, 1, 85-86.
- Criminal justice; an introduction to crime and the criminal justice system.(Brief Article)(Book Review). (January 01, 2007). Reference & Research Book News.
- Petrila, J. (March 01, 2005). Introduction to this issue: diversion from the criminal justice system. Behavioral Sciences & the Law, 23, 2, 161-162.
- Davies, M., Croall, H., & Tyrer, J. (January 01, 2006). Criminal Justice 3rd Ed.: An Introduction to the Criminal Justice System in England and Wales. International Review of Victimology, 13, 1, 119-120.
- Kerper, H. B., & Israel, J. H. (1979). Introduction to the criminal justice system. St. Paul: West Pub. Co.
- Fitzgerald, M., & Muncie, J. (1983). System of justice: An introduction to the criminal justice system in England and Wales. Oxford, England: B. Blackwell.
- United States. (1973). Criminal justice system. Washington: U.S. Govt. Print. Off.
- Silberman, C. E. (1978). Criminal violence, criminal justice. New York: Random House.
- Stuntz, W. J. (2011). The collapse of American criminal justice. Cambridge, Mass: Belknap Press of Harvard University Press.
- Hagan, F. E. (2008). Introduction to criminology: Theories, methods, and criminal behavior. Thousand Oaks, Calif: Sage Publications.
- Price, B. R., Baunach, P. J., & American Society of Criminology. (1980). Criminal justice research: New models and findings. Beverly Hills, Calif: Sage Publications.
- Cinema Guild. (1987). Criminal justice. New York, NY: Cinema Guild.