Van and Truck Request


Current vehicles (#inventory numbers)

Chevrolet 3500 (white truck)   #6404

Chevrolet (Red Van)   #262  

Ford 250 (blue Truck)   #6435

Ford (red van)    #6444

Chevrolet (red van)   #6445



Just a reminder:

  • Only professional staff and student staff can drive University Vehicles.  
  • Cannot take vehicles home. 
  • Report any damage.  Police report and UT property damage report (located in the glove box of each vehicle)  
  • No reckless driving, parking tickets or excessive speeding. Driver are responsible for all fees and tickets. 
  • No personnel trips. 
  •  All vehicle requests must be submitted two weeks prior to travel departure through the Van and Truck request website form for planned trips. 
  • All receipts for gas purchases must be turned in with the vehicle number written on it to my mail box in the office.
  • If student staff are the responsible driver for the trip, the keys for the weekend or after hour’s trips will need to be picked up by 5pm (Friday by 5pm for the weekend) or pre-arranged exchange will need to be set up. 
  • Sign in/out keys in the lock box.

Good practices:

If the fuel tank is near empty please fill it up.    Please fill up at motor pool (M-F 8am-4pm) before filling up at a regular gas station… it’s cheaper. 

Clean out all trash and wash often and frequently.

Park it back in the gravel parking lot behind the ARC, in or near the designated spots.

Bring the keys back to designated lock boxes once finished.


Below is a reminder of the New Fuel Card Program being instituted. 


UT Fleet Management has signed an agreement with ARI/WEX to provide a new fuel card program for all campus vehicles. The current cards, Voyager and Fleet One, will be deactivated on December 31st 2015.   You must start using the new ARI/WEX card by, or before, January 1st, 2016. The replacement card is activated and working as of today.

The ARI/WEX card is, "accepted at over 90% of retail fueling locations in the U.S. including 50,000 diesel locations, wherever Wright Express Cards are accepted." This website - - can be used to search for locations that accept the new cards. 

As one of the changes, when using the ARI/WEX card, each person will need their six digit personnel number (used for HR/Payroll example: 123456) to be entered at the pump. This will be your PIN. This is to ensure that the fuel cards are not misused by unauthorized parties. This number will work with any of the ARI/WEX cards from any vehicle.

In addition, ARI offers a roadside assistance program.  This will give one number to call in the event of an after hour roadside incident (i.e. flat tire, break down, etc.). This information will be kept in each vehicle.

For those of you that have cars assigned to your department, please exchange your old Fleet One & Voyager cards for the new ARI/WEX card as soon as possible.  To do so, please visit the Transportation Services office, located in Room 228m of the Administrative Building (Barbara Keegan’s old office). You will need your vehicle # if it’s not on your current fuel cards.  Please note we need your old cards to give you the new one.

Customers using our rental vehicles for off campus travel will also enter their six digit personnel number (NOT UTC I.D.) as their pin when using the new cards. The new card will be in the key packet that is picked up from Transportation Services

FI0725 - Use of University Vehicles 

UTC's Transportation Services