To Schedule An Event
To schedule any usage of Maclellan Gymnasium, a UTC facilities usage form must be submitted to the Coordinator of Operations, Nick Lampert at email@example.com. After submitting your form, it must be approved by the UTC Facilities Use Committee. Depending on the event, a fee may be charged for use of the facility. This fee is required to cover the cost of facility supervision and maintenance.
Recreational Facilities Admittance Policy
The Recreational Facilities (Aquatics and Recreation Center and Maclellan Gym) are for the use of UTC students and other authorized members of the University community (faculty, staff, spouses, alumni, dependents, retirees, moc one members and paid guests). A valid UTC Mocs Card or Campus Rec Card is required in order to enter these Recreational Facilities during operating hours. Although such a policy may appear to be an inconvenience to you, it actually serves the purpose of protecting your interests and rights as an authorized user. Your cooperation in presenting proper identification is expected at all times.
Students, faculty, staff, and members who forget their UTC Mocs Card or Campus Rec Card will not be admitted into the facility. In addition, a current Campus Recreation Membership is required to enter all recreational facilities.
Please help maintain a secure environment by using your personal UTC Mocs Card or Campus Rec Card upon arrival to gain entrance to the Recreational Facilities, watching your valuables carefully, and notifying the staff if you see something out of the ordinary. The Campus Recreation Department is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
*The groups of individuals listed below must have the following to enter all Recreational Facilities:
- Students – valid UTC Mocs Card
- Faculty and Staff – valid UTC Mocs Card
- Moc One (Spouses/Dependents/Aqua Mocs or eligible member) – Campus Rec Card
- Alumni - valid UTC Mocs Card (Alumni version) or Campus Rec Card
- Retirees- UTC Mocs Card or Campus Rec Card
- Guests - All guests must enter with a current member and pay the guest fee.
- Age Requirement Policy - Participants under the age of 18 are not allowed on the Recreation side of the Aquatic and Recreation Center or Maclellan Gym. Aqua Mocs members and dependent(s) under 18 years old can only use the Aquatics Center with an eligible adult member or guardian.
- Building Card Access Policy - A valid UTC Mocs Card or Campus Rec Card is required in order to enter the ARC or Maclellan Gym during operating hours.
- Personal Items Policy – Campus Recreation Department is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- MOCS CARD Use Policy: Improper use of a University ID will result in a suspension of building access and is subject to a judicial review. Improper ID use is defined as using another person's card to gain access into a University building or use of University programs.
- CAMPUS REC CARD Use Policy: Improper ID use is defined as using another person's card to gain access into a Recreational Facility. This card can only be used for access to Recreational Facilities.
ID cards used by individual other than the owner will be confiscated and the bearer of that card will be required to leave the facility (The owner of the card can claim their confiscated ID at the Facility Coordinator’s office). Both individuals will not be allowed to use the facility and program for the remainder of that day. Both individuals involved may receive a week (seven day), or more, suspension from all Campus Recreation Facilities and Programs pending the outcome of a judicial review. Incidents involving Faculty/Staff carry the same penalties and will be referred to the Human Resources Department. Alumni or Moc One memberships will be revoked if similar incidents occur.
All Campus Recreation members are provided opportunities for participation in recreational activities on campus through the services of Maclellan Gymnasium. Additionally, there are two full-size multipurpose courts available for many indoor sports including basketball, badminton, volleyball and dodgeball. Students have access to seven tennis courts adjacent to Maclellan Gymnasium. Certain sports or recreational equipment may be checked out for use in these various areas upon presentation of an active Mocs Card or Campus Rec Card. Locker room and shower facilities are available for members' convenience. An operating schedule for the recreational use of this facility is published and posted prior at the beginning of each semester.