Admission To the Environmental Science Graduate Program
See the UTC Graduate School website for required forms and application deadline information
An applicant for admission to the graduate program in Environmental Science must meet the following requirements:
- Graduation from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- A 2.75 GPA overall or a 3.0 in the last 60 hours.
- Satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Examination (general test).
- A background knowledge of environmental science concepts equivalent to UTC's undergraduate courses
- Two semester of introductory environmental science or an undergraduate or graduate course in ecology.
- A dossier which documents written and oral communication skills and includes the following:
- a resume
- prior publications or sample research paper
- a written account of prior educational and professional experience in environmental science, including laboratory competencies,
- career goals and reasons for pursuing graduate study.
- recommendations from a minimum of three individuals familiar with the applicant's scholastic ability and professional work background.
Recommended for Admission
- Two years academic background in laboratory sciences at the junior or senior level.
- A course in environmental ethics.
- One course in introductory statistics.
- One course in computer science.
- An introductory course in environmental law