No application is necessary. Selections based on faculty nominations.
- Jane and Lawrence Akers Scholarship: given to an outstanding and deserving student whose major or minor is physics. In honor of Dr. Lawrence K. Akers, professor of physics and radiation safety officer (1986-1994).
- Harry Deuberry Physics Scholarship: given to a rising junior or senior physics student for academic achievement and service to the department. In memory of Harry B. Deuberry, class of 1930.
- Harriet and Karel Hujer Scholarship: given to physics majors interested in astronomy, physics, and mathematics. In honor of professor Karel Hujer (UTC), who was known for his devotion to the sciences and for his Friday night lecture series at the Clarence T. Jones Observatory.
- Clarence Jones Prize Scholarship: given to a rising senior physics major for excellence in astronomy. In memory of Clarence T. Jones, local amateur astronomer and architect of the Observatory.
- Harold Marlowe Scholarship: given to a successful physics major whose nomination is supported by the department head. In memory of Dr. Robert Marlowe’s father.
Awards (based on merit only) - No application is necessary for the awards.
- Henry Ransom Award for superior achievement in physics laboratory. In memory of longtime physics professor Dr. Henry C. Ransom, Sr.
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant
- Jones Observatory Outstanding Assistant
- Sigma Pi Sigma (Physics Honor Society)