New Transfer Students
Congratulations on your acceptance and welcome to UTC!
As a new transfer student, there are several things you need to do to ensure a smooth transition to UTC. Begin by reviewing the Transfer Student Checklist below.
- Set up your UTC account. Check your MocsMail account on a daily basis. This is the official form of communication between UTC staff, faculty, and students. All important announcements regarding official UTC business will be sent to this email account.
- Send official copies of all transcripts to UTC AdmissionsASAP. If you are currently enrolled in classes, you'll need to send an additional transcript once your final grades are posted.
- Sign up for New Student Orientation. Orientation is required for fall and spring transfer students; you will register for classes during orientation. Students transferring during a summer session are strongly encouraged to sign up for the online orientation. If you attend an online orientation, you must schedule an appointment with your academic advisor before you can register for classes.
- Submit the Certificate of Immunization. To avoid a registration hold, please make sure you have submitted your Certificate of Immunization form to University Health Servicesbefore attending orientation.
- Transfer your Financial Aid.
- Apply for Housing if you plan to live on-campus.
- Transfer MOCS is a living, learning community for new transfer students. If interested, please complete the general housing application and the Transfer MOCS application. Learn more about living learning communities at UTC →
- Get your official UTC student ID: MocsCard
- Purchase a parking permit. If you plan on driving to campus, you will need to purchase a parking permit each academic year.
Do not delay in sending your transcripts to UTC.
The quicker UTC Admissions receives your transcripts, the quicker your transfer credit will be evaluated. Once you have been accepted and have set up your UTC account, you may begin checking the status of your transfer credit. Your unofficial transcript will show all of the courses taken at previous institutions and your MyMocsDegree will outline how your transfer credit counts towards your declared major at UTC.
- Transfer Equivalency Sef Service - see how your classes will transfer to UTC and apply toward your selected degree program.
- View Transfer Credit Instructions
- Transfer Equivalency Charts - these charts can be used as a guide to see how your credit may transfer to UTC.
- Tennessee Transfer Pathway (TTP)
If you have signed up for an orientation session, you will be advised and register for classes during that session.
Students who complete the online orientation will need to schedule an appointment with their academic advisor. Online orientation students will not be eligible to register prior to their online orientation session date.
Transfer students with a declared major are assigned a professional or faculty advisor within their respective academic departments. If your major is undecided, email email@example.com to get connected with an advisor in the Center for Academic Support and Advisement.
- Campus Life
- Campus Map
- Campus Recreation
- Center for Career and Leadership Development
- Counseling Center
- Course Catalogs
- Disability Resource Center
- International Student & Scholar Services
- Military and Veteran Affairs
- Mocs One Center
- Registrar Forms
- Registration Instructions
- Student Handbook
- Study Abroad
- Tuition and Fees
- Veteran Student Services and Programs
- Writing and Communication Center