Dual Enrollment

student in class

What is Dual Enrollment?

Simply put, dual enrollment lets local high school senior and junior students enroll in college classes to meet their high school graduation requirements and start earning college credit.

UTC’s dual enrollment options include enrolling in courses on campus or online.

Have you completed your sophomore year of high school and have a 3.0 GPA? You’re eligible for dual enrollment.

Get ahead. Be prepared.

Knock out a few college classes before you graduate from high school. You’ll get a jump-start on your college career and be that much closer to your college degree.

By taking a few college courses while you’re still in high school, you get a taste of what your future holds. Our faculty don’t know you’re a high school student—you’ll be working alongside college students, completing the same assignments and meeting the same requirements.

The transition from high school to college will be that much easier. 

And if you don’t plan on attending college at UTC, most of the credits you earn here will transfer.

Next Steps:

  • Apply for admission. Complete the online application at utc.edu/admission/apply. Be sure to mark “Dual Enrollment” for application type and specify the semester you want to start taking classes. The $30 application fee will be required to successfully submit your application.
  • Submit your high school transcript. Send it from your high school or if you’re homeschooled, from your umbrella organization. Address transcripts to:
    • UTC Admissions, Dept. 5105, 615 McCallie Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37403
  • Apply for state dual enrollment grant money. Fees and tuition for dual enrollment courses are the same as regular undergraduate courses. The UTC Bursar's Office has an online fee schedule with a full breakdown of costs. Tennessee’s Dual Enrollment Grant Program helps cover costs. Learn more and apply for the grant online.
  • Register for classes. Once you’re accepted into the program, contact Ginny Reese, assistant director of undergraduate admissions. She can assist you in getting registered for your college classes.