Dual Enrollment



The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga invites high school students with a 3.0 GPA to take college classes. UTC, area high schools, and home schooled students are working together to allow motivated juniors and seniors to be begin their college careers while still in high school. The program allows these students to take freshman and sophomore level courses, experience college expectations, and start preparing for their future goals. These courses are either offered at UTC campus or there are some options for on-line classes.


You can get ahead. Successful completion of the course work will earn you regular college credits which will be documented on your permanent UTC college transcript. After your experience here at UTC, you may decide to go to another university. Most of the credits you have earned will transfer to that institution after enrollment depending on their transfer policy.


Many students are concerned about the transition from high school to college. If you are part of the Dual Enrollment program you will have the benefit of experiencing the college coursework demands before you finish high school. Faculty do not know that you are a high school student as you are listed on the roster alongside the college students – so you really have the chance to get the full experience of what it is like to be a college student.


  • Who is eligible? Any student that has completed their sophomore year in high school and has a 3.0 GPA. 

  • What documents need to be completed? Go to www.utc.edu and click on Undergraduate Admission and complete the online application marking "N. Dual Enrollment" for application type and the appropriate semester you want to take classes. Be sure to be prepared to pay the application fee ($30.00) with a credit card before submitting or you will have to mail a check or come to campus to pay this fee. This will slow the admission process down. At this time you will also need to send an official transcript from your high school or umbrella organization you are under if you are a home schooled student to UTC Admission, Dept. 5105. 615 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37403.

  • What are tuition costs? The fees for Dual Enrollment are the same as regular undergraduate college tuition fees. You can find the fee schedule at http://utc.edu/bursar/fee-schedule.php

  • How do I register for classes? After all paperwork has been completed and you have been accepted to the university you will need to contact Ginny Reese at one of the following – Ginny-Reese@utc.edu or 423-425-4201 to get your pin number to register. At that time she will be able to answer other questions you might have.

  • How do I apply for the State Dual Enrollment Grant money? You can apply for this grant by going to the following site and follow the directions given by the State to be eligible and the amount of money that you are eligible to receive. www.tn.gov/CollegePays There are deadlines for applying for this grant so be sure to check this site early