Due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic, specific requirements are in place while we work to minimize exposure of the UTC Community. In order to ensure the safety of all faculty and students during the pandemic, the following measures are required when you are on campus in your classroom. Anyone who does not comply may be in violation of the University’s Student Code of Conduct. These expectations are as follows:
- Complete daily screening. An app and/or online self-check form has been developed to allow students, faculty and staff to easily self-screen each day to determine if they may come to campus. If any member of the UTC community has temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, and/or is experiencing one or more COVID-19 symptom while on-campus, they should leave campus and/or return to their residence hall room immediately. Please inform your instructor prior to the beginning class if your screening indicates the need for further evaluation and you will not be in class.
- Use face masks. The CDC recommends wearing cloth face mask in public settings. All members of the UTC community are required to wear face masks made of least 3 ply material while in public or common-use areas, in addition to spaces in which social distancing guidelines cannot be followed, which are owned or controlled by the University. Face masks will be required for all students and faculty while in class no matter the size of the space. The face masks you have been provided by UTC meets these requirements, but you are free to use one of your choosing that meets the CDC standards. Following this recommendation can minimize the transmission of the virus to others which is spread between people interacting in close proximity through speaking, coughing, or sneezing in the presence of others. Refer to this link on How To Make A Face Mask. If you have to use a CDC approved disposable face mask, please discard it immediately when it is removed. Put the mask in a nearby receptacle.
- Comply with social distancing. All students, faculty, staff and guests are required to maintain a safe distance from one another. Social distancing is maintained in all indoor and outdoor spaces which are owned or controlled by UTC. Social distancing is defined as six (6) feet between individuals. Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people, do not gather in groups, stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings. Refer to the CDC for information on Social Distancing. Please sit in only designated areas in class and do not move chairs or desks in classrooms or common spaces.
- Maintain good hand hygiene. All members of the UTC community should practice proper hygiene. Individuals should wash their hands with soap and water as often as possible or use personal hand sanitizers made of at least 65% alcohol. Handsanitizer stations are available throughout the campus. If you see one, use it! Refer to the CDC recommendations on Hand Hygiene.
- Disinfect your work space. Students and faculty are responsible for disinfecting areas within their workspaces by cleaning these at the beginning and end of each class. This includes desktops, seats and equipment used during class. Disinfectant and paper towels are supplied by the University and will be in each class, lab or workspace. After disinfecting your space, discard the paper towels in a nearby receptacle.