Creating a BibTex File
1. Open an internet browser and go to https://scholar.google.com/
2. Click on "Sign In" at the top right of the page
3. Sign in using any google account. If you have a @mocs.utc.edu account type in your utcID followed by @mocs.utc.edu. (i.e., email@example.com). If you don't have a @mocs.utc.edu account and would like one, please contact the UTC Client Services at ClientServices@utc.edu or by calling (423) 425-4000.
4. Select "Next"
5. Type in your UTCID and password
6. Select "LOGIN"
7. In the search engine provided, type in the full name of an individual and the title of the first published work as indicated on their Curriculum Vita
8. Select the search icon
9. Locate the correct publication if more than one result is found.
10. Select "Save"
11. Repeat steps 7-10 until you have saved all available publications listed on the Curriculum Vita
12. Return to the google scholar homepage by selecting "Scholar" (left-hand corner of page) or by going to https://scholar.google.com/
13. Click on "My Library"
14. Locate and select the citations that you collected in steps 9-12 by clicking on the checkboxes next to each
15. Click on the Export icon located at the top right of the page
16. Choose "BibTeX"
18. Now you will need to transfer this information in a way that will allow you to save it to your machine. From the list below, select which type of computer you have:
Windows Computer: Creating a BibTeX File
19. Create a folder for saving BibTeX files
20. Create a text document in this folder by right clicking inside the window, hover over "New" and select "Text Document"
21. Name this new file something you will remember
22. Open this document and Paste (Ctrl + V) the information copied in Step 17 into this window
23. Save the file
Mac Computer: Creating a BibTeX File
19. Select the magifying glass icon at the top right of your computers menu bar to pull up "Spotlight Search"
20. Select inside the "Spotlight Search" bar and type in "TextEdit"
21. From the results window, select on the application "TextEdit" to open it.
22. Paste the BibText information into the TextEdit program
23. On the menu bar select "Format" then "Make Plain Text"
24. Select "OK"
25. On the menu bar select "File" then "Save..."
26. Save the file to your computer