Media & Software Evaluation Techniques
Evaluating media and software for use in a classroom or teaching environment
Think about the following when evaluating media to incorporate into your classroom.
- What are my educational objectives for this unit? What do you hope the students will achieve?
- Does the media meet my objectives? Or does any portion of the media meet my objectives? (The item doesn't have to meet all, just some; and you don't have to use all of a medium from start to finish. You can just use the portions you need to meet your objectives.)
- Is the instruction appropriate for my target audience?
- Is the instructional content technically accurate?
- Are the trainer and trainee activities, methods, and media appropriate for my objectives?