UTC Online Learning Consortium Membership
UTC is an active member of the Online Learning Consortium. The Online Learning Consortium, formerly Sloan-C, is the leading professional online learning society devoted to advancing quality e-Education learning into the mainstream of education through its community. The Online Learning Consortium is dedicated to providing access to high quality e-Education to individuals, institutions, professional societies and the corporate community. Originally funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, The Online Learning Consortium is now a non-profit 501(c)(3), member-sustained organization.
UTC's Membership entitles us to many benefits discussed below.
Account Set-Up / Log-in Instructions
Now that UTC is an active member, every person at your institution is considered a member and needs his/her own Online Learning Consortium account log-in and password.
Account Set-Up /Log-in Instructions
How do I create an account affiliated with my institution?
1. Click here to create a free user account.
2. Once you complete your registration, you will be sent an e-mail and asked to verify your account.
3. Once logged in, click on your username in the upper right hand corner of the home page. You will be brought to your “My Account” page. Click on “Edit Profile” to affiliate your account. Please enter your name and organization in the spaces provided. (Please make sure the organization name you type in matches the one listed on the membership list.)
4. The system will now recognize you as a member. Go to the member resources page for details on your membership benefits such as free webinars and access to the JALN.
I already have a user account. How do I make sure I am affiliated with my institution?
1. Please log-in to http://onlinelearningconsortium.org.
2. Once logged in, click on your username in the upper right hand corner of the home page. You will be brought to your “My Account” page. Click on “Edit Profile” to affiliate your account. Add your organization name in the space provided. (Please make sure the organization name you type in matches the one listed on the membership list.)
3. The system will now recognize you as a member. Go to the member resources page for details on your membership benefits such as free webinars and access to the JALN.
If you have any questions about membership, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address has priority status and ensures that your questions will be answered quickly.
2. Membership Pricing for Online Workshops
Membership includes membership pricing on the 2014 schedule of workshops. Additional workshops are added throughout the year, so please make sure to check the schedule often. The member price for a workshop is $169. Non-member pricing is $269. If you and your faculty have set up your accounts or affiliated your existing accounts properly, you will automatically see the member price.
Webinars are free to all members (normally $99.) If you and your faculty have set up your accounts or affiliated your existing accounts properly, you will automatically see the free registration link at the bottom of the webinar page.
4. Conference Discounts
Don’t forget to take advantage of the $50 discounts off of the registration fee for our three annual conferences. Once you are logged into the system, you will automatically see the code in a block on the left hand side of the conference registration page. Please note that each conference has a different code.
5. Publications Discounts
Members receive a 10% discount on all publications. The coupon code can be found by logging into your account on www.onlinelearningconsortium.org and going to your “My Account” page. Coupons are listed in a block on the left hand side of the page. You can also click on the “Coupons” link to see the code along with a coupon code report to track your usage.
Please share the coupon code with your faculty so they can receive the 10% discount.
6. Website Resources
All members of your institution have full access to website resources including the Quality Scorecard for the administration of online education programs, articles from the Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks, surveys, practitioner documents, JobLine, effective practices, Listserv, catalog of online programs, and more (You will need an active account to access these resources).
7. Monthly Newsletters
The Online Learning Consortium sends out two monthly newsletters and additional special event e-mails if needed. The Sloan-C View newsletter is a general e-mail about what’s happening with Sloan-C. The Sloan-C Insider is a member’s only newsletter alerting members to new benefits and events. Please share this link with your faculty and staff who would like to receive communications from us and ask them to join our mailing list: http://onlinelearningconsortium.org/mailing_list.
We hope that you take full advantage of the benefits of Institutional membership. We will inform you of any additional benefits, events and resources that are exclusive for our members as they become available.
If you know a colleague who would be interested in learning about Institutional Membership, please forward them this link http://onlinelearningconsortium.org/membership.
The Online Learning Consortium (Sloan-C) is composed of individuals, institutions and organizations dedicated to continually improving the quality, scale, and breadth of their online programs, according to their own distinctive missions, so that education becomes a part of everyday life, accessible and affordable for anyone, anywhere, at any time, in a wide variety of disciplines. Membership in the Sloan Consortium provides knowledge, practice, community, and direction for educators. Originally funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, Sloan-C is now a non-profit, 501(c) (3), member sustained organization.