An ePortfolio is a means of organizing, summarizing, and sharing information about yourself and your knowledge, skills, and abilities. ePortfolios are a means of sharing your experience as a developing professional. Your ePortfolio may contain multimedia, text, images, sound, graphics, and video.
Request a Consultation
The Walker Center for Teaching and Learning offers ePortfolio consultations to prepare instructors to facilitate sessions on ePortfolios for their courses.
- Discussing best practices for constructing and editing an ePortfolio.
- Showcasing real examples of quality ePortfolios.
- Providing step-by-step instructions with handouts.
- Continued support after the presentation.
Getting Started with ePortfolios
ePortfolios are a great resource for students to utilize. It allows students to:
- Showcase previous research experience and publications.
- Monitor competencies related to specific majors.
- Represent the student's developing knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Support collaboration on a variety of different projects (e.g. Engineering/Mathematics).
- Share their academic and professional accomplishments.
It also allows students to provide direct links to their work, and to supplement their existing resumé with additional information.
To schedule an appointment for an ePortfolio consultation contact us directly:
Walk in: Library 433