New to UTC Online? Use the resources in this section to get started, and visit the Current Students FAQ for common questions about Blackboard.
Check that your computer system meets UTC Online System Requirements.
- Logging into Blackboard: You can access Blackboard by visiting http://www.utc.edu/utconline/ and clicking the Blackboard Login button. You may also click the UTC Online link
at the top of any UTC page.
- Navigating Blackboard: From the Courses tab for your desired class, use the Course Menu on the lefthand
side of the Homepage to navigate through course content areas.
- Submit an assignment: Within your course in Blackboard, access the content area where the assignment
is located. Click on the link to open the assignment. You may enter your response
in the Assignment Materials text box editor or attach a file using the Browse My Computer
button. See your syllabus or assignments' instructions for your instructors' preferences.
Add any additional comments and click Submit.
- Take Test/Test setting Recommendations: Access your desired course in Blackboard and locate the Test link in the appropriate
content area. Click on the Test link to access the Test. Test questions will appear
underneath the instructions and timer. Make sure to select the Save Answer button
before moving on to the next question if it does not autosave. Your answer will automatically
be saved when you click the arrow next to the question number. When you are done,
select the Save and Submit button. Review Test recommendations before take a Test
Turn off pop-up blockers, close other software you may be running, and give yourself enough time to take the Test. Do not navigate away to other websites, keep your browser active, and use Blackboard navigational button to navigate through the test.
- Contact the Help Desk - (423) 425-4000, IT Help Desk, or enroll in Student Training in Blackboard. These training classes are not graded. Contact the instructor to un-enroll from the training.