Blackboard provides a variety of tools that an instructor may choose to incorporate into their course for student use. This page provides a brief description of many of these tools and will help prepare you for their use in a Blackboard course.
- Text Editor: The text editor allows you to integrate various tools intro your posts such as adding
files, images, hyperlinks, mashups, etc.
- Discussion Board: The Discussion Board is an asynchronous communication tool that allows individuals
to post threads with questions or insights.
- Blogs: A Blog can be used as a user's public diary, a group collaborative tool, and/or
place to interact with instructors and students.
- Journals: Students submit journal entries through their Blackboard course and instructors
may view and comment on a student's entry using comments or feedback during grading.
- Wikis: A Wiki is a collaborative tool that allows students to contribute and modify one
or more pages of course related materials.
- Chat / Virtual Classroom: The Chat feature allows students and instructors to interact with each other in real time using a text-based chat.