About the Studio
Purpose and Mission
The UTC Television Studio is a centralized video production service whose goal and mission is to support the teaching, research and service mission of the University. Our services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Production of instructional video presentations, for on-campus and distance education use
- Hands-on television and video production experience for university students and support for video-related instruction
- Production of video presentations for university publicity
- Video programming for cable television and other formats
- Documentation of university special events and guest speakers
- Production of public service video presentations for agencies outside of the university
The UTC Communication Department is responsible for coordination and scheduling of equipment, studio space, resources, and television broadcasts, and will be responsible for maintaining the Television Studio’s equipment in good, working order and for scheduling maintenance or outside contractors for maintenance as necessary.
The Communication Department maintains the budget accounts and will submit budgets for future years to the office of the Provost. The Communication Department staffs the Television Studio with a producer/instructor of communication and student assistants.
Policies and Procedures
The Television Studio’s services are available primarily to students, faculty and staff of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. It may also provide services to agencies of local, state, and federal government, as well as not-for-profit educational and service groups. The Television Studio does not solicit work outside the University but may provide services for non-government clients when it is in the public interest.
Directions and Parking
The UTC Television Studio is located in the Metropolitan Building Annex, 501 Houston Steet, Suite 233, just beyond Student Health Services. Driving Directions to the Television Studio.
Parking is available on Houston and Oak Streets near the Television Studio. Parking Map