You will find support on a variety of tasks you will need to be comfortable performing as a UTC web site editor. The key to accomplishment is understanding
- what you want to be able to do,
- what is possible to do and
- how to do what you what you need.
After this, editing the web site should become fairly routine. As you spend time using the system, you will internalize the way it works and find that you can anticipate problems and solutions as you work. Our goal is for you to not need us, but we are here when you do.
Initial site development
Since we are just starting to copy content from the old web site to the new website, we suggest this three step method for being able to do this as efficiently as possible. It will also help you learn the new system at the same time. In order to move information to OU Campus first you need to:
- Create empty shells for all of your pages.
- Copy the text into the empty shells
- Enhance your pages with images, links, and tables.