Social media feeds are great enhancements for departmental websites, because they can provide fresh and actively changing content. Check out the Social sidebar on the University homepage.
To request your own feed, submit the form on this page with information regarding the departmental feeds. (We will contact you via the email address you enter in the form.)
If you would like more information on how to best take advantage of social media, visit the Social Media section of the University Relations webpage. You will find details about how UTC is using social media, social media policies, how to start social media sites and social media best practices.
Before you complete the request form, please read the following:
Facebook Integration requires Facebook Pages or Communities + API
University departments or units must use Facebook Pages or Communities. If your department's account is a “he” or “she” “living in Chattanooga”… you must migrate the account to a Facebook Page.
- go to https://developers.facebook.com/ and create an App
- add Contact Email and App Domain to Settings
- set the Status of your App to public
- make note of the App ID and App Secret
Instagram Integration requires an API account
Instagram requires an Application Programming Interface account
- go to http://instagram.com/developer/ and create an app
- make note of the API authorization keys & secrets and Access tokens
Twitter Integration requires an API account
Twitter requires an Application Programming Interface account
- go to https://dev.twitter.com and login with your twitter username
- create an app via https://dev.twitter.com/apps
- make note of the customer API key & secret, and authorization key & secret
Flickr Integration requires account ID
- go to http://idgettr.com and enter your flickr URL
- make note of the account ID