A great way to enhance a departmental website with actively changing content is by utilizing a social media feed. And example of what this looks like can be found on the University homepage. To request a feed, fill out the form to the right with information regarding the departmental feeds and click 'Submit'. Your feed will be created and made available. Once available, the feed can be added to any page.
If you would like more information on how to best take advantage of social media, visit the Social Media section of the University Relations webpage. You will find details about how UTC is using social media, social media policies, how to start social media sites and social media best practices.
To complete the request form, you'll need a few items (a simple link to a Facebook profile will not be sufficient).
Facebook Integration requires Facebook Pages
University departments must use Facebook Pages. If your department's account is a “he” or “she” “living in Chattanooga”… you must migrate the account to a Facebook Page.
Instagram Integration requires an API account
Instagram requires an Application Programming Interface account
- go to http://instagram.com/developer/ and create an app
- be prepared to divulge the authorization keys & secrets
Twitter Integration requires an API account
Twitter requires an Application Programming Interface account
- go to https://dev.twitter.com and login with your twitter username
- create an app via https://dev.twitter.com/apps
- be prepared to divulge the customer key & secret, and authorization key & secret
Flickr Integration requires account ID
- go to http://idgettr.com and enter your flickr URL
- enter the account ID