Uploading large numbers of images
This instructional will explain how to upload large number of images at one time. This will be done by uploading a zip file, a single file that includes multiple files compressed into one archive.
NOTE: All uploading and navigating involved in this tutorial occurs once logged in to OU Campus. Be sure to log in from the department’s homepage.
- To upload a zip file, navigate to Content > Pages. This will display the list of files in the site. All images should be uploaded to
the Images folder.
- Click Upload in the upper right-hand portion of the screen.
- The 'Upload to [/path/to/your-department/images]' window will appear for file selection. Take this opportunity to set Access Group to prevent others from modifying your images. By default, 'Upload Files' is selected. Change this to 'Import Zib File'. Click green '+Add' button (or drag files from desktop.) Click 'Start Upload'.
- On the next screen, review the files to be imported. Before clicking Finish Upload, it is possible to deselect a file or files from being uploaded to the site by unchecking the box to the left. Once confirming that the list of files is satisfactory, click Finish Upload at the bottom of the window. It is recommended that filenames be addressed (no capitalization, no spaces, separated by hyphens, no special characters) prior to uploading. However, you will be provided an opportunity to rename the files during the upload process. If large numbers of images need renaming, free software such as Bulk Rename Utility are designed to assist and can be found on the internet.
- After extraction is complete, a Success Notice will appear.