Cooper to Address Summer Graduates
Peter Cooper, president of Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga,
Inc. will serve as the UTC summer commencement speaker on Sunday, August
10 at 2 p.m. in McKenzie Arena.
Prior to accepting his current position, Cooper worked as manager of the
Charitable Trust Department and Senior Vice-president and Trust Officer
of American National Bank and Trust Company (SunTrust Bank).
From 1991 to mid 2003, Cooper served as trustee and assistant treasurer
of the University of Chattanooga Foundation.
“Pete has been a friend of the University, and his expertise on
the Foundation has been of great benefit to the institution. His address
promises to provide inspiration to our graduates,” Chancellor Bill
Cooper continues his service to the community as a:
- board member of the Executive Committee for the pre-school of Siskin
- chair of the board of directors at the Chattanooga Tumor Clinic
- trustee on the Endowment Fund of Northside Neighborhood House
- board member for Night to Remember
- member and former office holder of the Rotary Club of Chattanooga
and often works in the allocation process for the United Way of Greater
He has also held positions at Siskin Hospital for Physical
Rehabilitation, Leadership Chattanooga, Woods-Greer Foundation and Cartinhour
Cooper attended Ohio State University and Northwestern University.
Married to the former Linda Warner, the couple has four children.