Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure
Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation Race For The Cure is Sunday, September 24, 2 p.m. at the McKenzie Arena.
“We expect approximately 6-7,000 participants. UT Chattanooga is a 'Silver' Presenting Sponsor of Race For The Cure,” said Dr. W. Leroy Fanning. “The 2006 Honorary Local Co-Chairpersons are Chancellor Roger Brown and Dr. Carolyn Thompson.”
The City of Chattanooga has granted a permit to close the streets listed below to vehicular traffic during the running of this event; only emergency vehicles will be allowed:
- East 5th Street from 5th Street Parking Garage to Cemetery Road (Collins)
- Mabel to Manker Patten Tennis Center Parking Lot
- Exit Ramp from Mabel to Amnicola Hwy
- Right lane of Amnicola Hwy from the Mabel Street Exit Ramp to Boathouse Restaurant.
- Tennessee Riverwalk from Boathouse Restaurant to Mabel Street.
- 3rd street from Mabel to Houston
- Houston Street from 3rd Street to Vine Street
- Vine Street from Houston to University Center
- Douglas Street from Oak Street to Mabel.
Residents and students are requested not to use these streets or park their vehicles on these streets during the hours of 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., September 24, to facilitate the running of this event.
September 22, 2006