Leadership opportunity awaits studentsBy Adrienne Teague, University Relations Intern
The UTC Student Conduct Board is seeking student members for the upcoming Fall 2006 semester.
Interested students must complete and return the application no later than September 6th by 5 p.m. to the Dean of Students Office, located in the University Center Room 399.
"This is a great leadership opportunity to serve the University and to create a better community," commented Dean Jeffrey Burgin.
The Student Conduct Board is responsible for hearing cases involving students who have allegedly violated the Student Code of Conduct. Members who serve on the board are responsible for hearing individual cases, deliberating on the alleged violations and render sanctions.
No prior experience is required to serve on the Conduct Board, however, the following eligibility requirements must be met in order to be considered:
- Must be able to serve as a Conduct Board Member beginning Fall Semester 2006;
- Must have completed his/her freshman year by summer 2006 semester's end or if an upper class transfer student, must have completed at least two academic semesters at UTC by summer 2006 semester's end;
- Must not be on any form of probation;
- Must have a GPA of at least 2.75;
- Must be able to attend all training sessions.
The Student Conduct Board "allows individuals involved in disciplinary incidents to be judged by their peers as well as administrators, therefore making them more comfortable in this type of a setting," Burgin said.
August 11, 2006