Communication students chew on Pizza with the Pros
Dr. Peter Pringle, the Luther
Masingill Professor of
Communication students and alumni were paired to enjoy Pizza with the Pros, an annual event during Comm. Week. Pizza with the Pros is sponsored and hosted by Dr. Peter Pringle, the Luther Massingill Professor of Communication. Pringle said all the communication professionals who attended were alumni of the Communication Department.
“We are exceptionally proud of what our alumni have done. At such an early age, they are leaders in their careers. The University should be very proud of them and this program, which has grown substantially over the years,” Pringle said.
Earlier in the week, alumni panelists discussed landing their first job in a session titled “We Made it: Communication Alumni Share Their Successes.” Panelists included:
- Candace Davis, marketing manager, Chattanooga Convention and Visitors Bureau
- J.R. Fitch, financial consultant, A. G. Edwards and Sons
- Nathan Frick, staff writer, Walker County Messenger
- Emily Greene, producer, “Good Morning Chattanooga,” WTVC-TV
- Amber McCorvie, assistant promotions director, Clear Channel Radio
- Jessica Schneider, client services manager, Next Knowledge
Lew Gillilland, sports editor, The Times-Journal, Ft. Payne, Ala.
Shawanna Kendrick, news producer, WTVC NewsChannel 9
Kennard Yamada, sales manager
March 24, 2005