Engaging Leaders in the Pre-K Movement
A Pre-K Now Satellite Conference in partnership with the National Head Start Association & RISE Learning Solutions
Pre-K advocates, Head Start and pre-k staff and directors, educators, business leaders, and state and local policymakers are invited to help design national, statewide and local strategies to engage powerful new leaders under the direction of Pre-K Now. The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga College of Health, Education and Professional Studies will host a satellite conference centered around a two-hour live national broadcast Thursday, November 10, 1:30-4:30 p.m. in Room 100, Fletcher Hall, at the corner of McCallie Avenue and Douglas Street.
Early childhood advocates and influential business, government, and community leaders will describe how effective pre-k advocates win support. Advocates who have recruited and involved high-level pre-k champions in their campaigns will tell their success stories.
Participants will discuss pre- and post- broadcast activities and collaborative strategies that will move the pre-K agenda forward in Tennessee.
Collaborative partners for this event include:
- Chattanooga Area Association for the Education of Young Children
- Chattanooga Stand for Children
- Tennessee Alliance for Early Education
- Tennessee Association for the Education of Young Children
- Tennessee Commission on Children and Youth
- Tennessee Department of Education – Office of Early Learning
- Tennessee Head Start State Collaboration Office
- United Way – Project Ready for School
For more information about the Pre-K Now satellite conference, contact Anne Gamble at (423)425-5377.
November 4, 2005