A) Designated Beyond the Classroom Courses: These can also be found in the class sections listing with a Beyond the Classroom Attribute code. 20 points will be awarded for each course.
B) Non-Academic Credit Bearing Experiences: 10 points will be awarded for each experience that can be found on the BTC website.
C) Campus and Community Events: Students earn 2 points per event, and may earn up to 20 points per semester. Throughout a student's time at the university, they may earn up to 40 points total through events. To participate, students must sign up in 433 Library.
D) Student-proposed Beyond the Classroom Learning on Campus or in the Community: These may earn up to 40 points.
Application to be a ThinkAchieve Graduate at the UTC Graduation Ceremony
Students who earn 120 points and complete the Senior Reflection will receive:
1) A graduation medal(pictured at right)
2) ThinkAchieve Designation on Transcript
3) Recognition at Graduation
4) An invitation to a Graduation Banquet
Note: Graduates must complete one point earning element from outside of their academic discipline and notify Bengt-Carlson@utc.edu at the beginning of their final semester.
Beyond the Classroom Semester Award
Students who complete at least 20 points in a semester through participating in and reflecting on Campus and Community Events will qualify for:
1) Priority registration during the following semester
2) An invitation to a celebratory dinner(pictured below)
3) A handsome Beyond the Classroom Semester Award(pictured at right) signed by Chancellor Steve Angle.
The Beyond the Classroom Semester Award and benefits can be earned up to two times.