What is SSS Tutoring?
Active SSS students are eligible for additional academic support in a variety of courses. SSS tutoring is free to participants and is primarily conducted on a one-on-one basis. Small group tutoring and study hall may be arranged if there is a need. We offer tutoring in a variety of subjects, mainly in the areas of Math, Science and Business. In addition, students can receive help with their writing through brainstorming, planning, and editing support.
What are the Benefits of Tutoring?
- Improves academic achievement
- Focuses on individual needs
- Increases course specific knowledge
- Boosts self-esteem and self- confidence
- Improves attitude toward the course
- Encourages higher levels of thinking
- Provides additional review and practice of difficult material
- Provides immediate praise, feedback and encouragement
How Do I Sign Up for Tutoring?
Fill out a Tutor Request form to request a tutor. You can request up to 2 hours of tutoring a week per subject. When making a request, be sure that the course and section numbers are correct. Listing only a few available hours for tutoring will greatly decrease your chances of being assigned a tutor. Check your UTC email. Within 48 hours you will receive notification that you have been assigned a tutor and the time of your session or no tutor is available. Once you are scheduled an appointment, just come to the SSS building on the 2nd floor of Frist Hall for your session. The deadline to apply for tutoring is the Friday after midterm.
Apply by clicking the button below, printing out the form, filling in your information and deliver to our office.