Important Immunization Information
INSTRUCTIONS: This form must be completed in order to register for classes at The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. The health care provider’s signature or stamp must be provided in the appropriate space or a copy of medical records documenting contraindication or immunity must be attached.
RETURN TO: The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Department 6856, 615 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37403 or FAX to (423) 425-2305. Please check your Mocs account to verify the hold is removed. It may take up to seven (7) business days. If you do not know how to check your Mocs account, please follow the instructions below:
Steps to Access Registration Status
- Go to my.utc.edu
- Enter your username and password to access your Mocs Account
- Go under the “Academics” Tab
- Under “Registration and Student Record” choose Registration Status
- Select the term in which you want to register for classes, then submit
- This screen will give your information regarding Holds, Academic Standing, and Student Status.
If you have questions, please call Student Health Services at 423-425-2266. Please include your name, UTC ID, email address, telephone number and term of registration (fall 2014, etc.), with a brief message.
- MMR: All students born on or after January 1, 1957 must provide proof of immunization with two doses of MMR vaccine at least 28 days apart or serology showing immunity to MMR.
- Varicella or Chickenpox: All students born on or after January 1, 1980 must provide proof of immunization with two doses of Varicella vaccine at least 28 days apart, serology showing immunity to Varicella or documentation from a medical facility verifying a previous diagnosis with the illness.
- Hepatitis B: All students must provide proof of immunization with three doses of Hepatitis B vaccine or documentation of serology showing immunity to Hepatitis B virus. The State of Tennessee does allow a waiver of the requirement by completing the waiver statement on the reverse side of this form.
- Meningitis: New incoming students, who are less than 21 years of age, who will be residing in on campus housing, must have documentation of a dose of conjugate vaccine at greater than or equal to 16 years of age. Any student not residing on campus who has not received a dose of conjugate vaccine within the past 5 years may choose to be vaccinated to reduce the risk of meningococcal disease.
Copies of Immunizations for Enrolled Students
UTC keeps copies of student immunizations for two years beyond freshmen/transfer enrollment, after this time the documents are destroyed. Please keep a copy of these vital
records once you obtain them. If you submitted your immunization record to UTC within
the past two years, and need a copy, please print and fax this form below with completed
information to (423) 425-2305.
If you are not able to accept a fax, copies may be picked up or you can send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Department 6856, 615 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37403.
We do not email immunization records.