Student Programming Allocations Committee
The Student Programming Allocation Committee's (SPAC) primary task is to allocate SPSF funds for Student-Organized Programming. The SPAC shall also make recommendations to the Vice Chancellor for Student Development regarding how to use SPSF funds that students have directed for a use other than Student-Organized Programming.
- Abby Kinnard, SGA Treasurer (co-chair)
- Heather Delbridge, Campus Activities Board
- TBD, Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Sherricka Vance, Residence Hall Association
- Nathan Carter, Graduate Student Association
- TBD, Multicultural Affairs
- At Large (appointed by SGA) - TBD
- Madison Ralston, Associate Dean of Students/Co-Chair
- Tara Mathis, Associate Dean of Students
- Carol Oglesby, Assistant Director, University Health Services
- Cassie Nice, Assistant Director, Women’s Center
- Lindsay Hyden, Associate Director, Campus Recreation
- Austin Arias, Assistant Dean of Students
- Ryan Hall, Associate Director, Housing and Residence Life
- Faculty Member – TBD
The SPAC uses the following criteria exclusively in evaluating requests for Student-Organized Programming:
- Whether, and to what degree, the program would advance the University’s educational mission by promoting student satisfaction and retention and/or by promoting the intellectual, physical, emotional, social, cultural, or leadership development of students;
- Whether the request complied with the procedures established the Chief Student Affairs Officer for the submission of funding requests to the SPAC, including whether the request was timely submitted to the SPAC;
- Whether the program will be held on campus, and, therefore, will be easily accessible to students (priority shall be given to programs held on campus, unless ongoing construction to University facilities funded by the SPSF substantially impairs the ability of students to hold programs on campus);
- The clarity of the request;
- The amount of the request;
- The total amount of SPSF funds available for allocation by the SPAC;
- Whether, and to what degree, the request demonstrates that the Campus Student Programming Board or Registered Student organization has been diligent in determining the anticipated costs of the program;
- Whether, and to what degree, the funding proposal is fiscally responsible;
- If applicable, how effectively and efficiently the Campus Student Programming Board or Registered Student Organization used SPSF funds in the past;
- If applicable, whether the Campus Student Programming board or Registered Student Organization complied with University policies concerning SPSF funds in the past;
- If a Registered Student Organization, whether, and to what degree, the program is relevant to the Registered Student Organization’s purpose, as described in the Registered Student Organization’s constitution on-file with the University;
- Whether the proposed program is substantially similar to a program that was funded by the SPSF (or the former fee known as University Programs and Services Fee at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville) and organized by any Registered Student Organization within the past two (2) years;
- Whether the proposed program duplicates, in whole or in part, separate services or programs offered by other Registered Student Organizations, but this criterion shall not prohibit Registered Student Organizations from collaborating and submitting a joint funding request to the SPAC;
- Whether the proposed program duplicates, in whole or in part, services or programs offered by an academic, administrative, or auxiliary department or division of the University.
- The viewpoint of a Registered Student Organization or of the speaker(s) included in a proposed program shall not be considered by the SPAC when making a funding decision.
- Student-Organized Programming funded by the SPAC must be open to attendance by all students who opted in to directing that a portion of their SPSF funds be allocated for Student-Organized Programming or who are exempt from payment of the SPSF by campus policy or law.
The Student Programming Allocations Committee Meeting Minutes and Program Records may be found online through the UTC Dean of Students OrgSync Portal.