How to Apply
- Submit SPAC request form via OrgSync.
- All submissions must be received a minimum of 2 days prior to committee meeting. Committee Meetings are held at 1 pm Friday, every other week. Any applications submitted after 12 noon on the Wednesday prior will be added to the following agenda. Click here for meeting schedule & deadlines.
- SPAC Chair will review applications for completion, and share with committee for initial review. If an application is determined to have insufficient information, it will be re-opened for the applicant to submit for the following SPAC meeting.
- SPAC Committee will meet and review all complete applications. Applications will be approved or denied, and a total dollar commitment will also be assigned.
- All approvals will require at least 2/3 vote of approval, with at least 6 of the SPAC members present being UTC Staff.
- SPAC Chair will communicate with applicants on the committee's decision and advise any approved groups on the processes for spending, reimbursement and other fiscal processes.
- Approved organizations have 2 weeks following the date of the program to submit the follow-up report. Organizations who do not submit a follow-up report will be ineligible for future funding.
- Reminder! Only registered, good-standing student organizations are eligible for SPAC funding. Click here to update or register in OrgSync.
Q: How far in advance must I request SPAC funds for my organization?
A: At least 2 business days prior to the committee meeting. However, you may request as early as you'd like in the current semester. We cannot guarantee funds for programs for the upcoming semester until enrollment is verified.
Q: What is the total budget available to student organizations?
A: Every year will depend on UTC enrollment numbers and the number of students who have opted-in.
Q: Is there a limit to the number of times I may request funds, or the total dollar amount requested?
A: There is not a limit, but the total SPAC budget, amount requested and previous requests will be taken into consideration.
Q: Can I commit funds or spend money, and then ask SPAC for reimbursement?
A: No. All spending must have prior approval from SPAC. We do encourage you to do your best research and receive estimates or quotes as often as possible though.
Q: I'm not familiar with Aramark Funding, or ordering through a third-party vendor. Can you help?
A: Visit our Resources for Student Organizations page for more details.
Q: What is eligible for SPAC funding?
A: All SPAC programs must follow University Fiscal Policy. Sample programs and expenditures may include, but are not limited to:
- On-Campus Food for Events/Meetings through UTC Dining
- Off-Campus Food for Events/Meetings
- Rental Fees
- Performer/Speaker Fees
- Travel Costs
- Promotional Items through a Third Party Vendor
- Graphics/Publicity through UTC Graphic Services/RICOH.
- Visit here for programs that have been sponsored in the past.
Q: Where can I find guidelines on University Fiscal Policy?
A: All University of Tennessee System Fiscal Policies can be found at: http://policy.tennessee.edu/fiscal_policy/
- Commonly Applicable Fiscal Policies to SPAC Requests include, but are not guaranteed to cover: