Institutional Vision, Mission, Core Values
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga will be recognized as a premiere metropolitan university, known for its outstanding undergraduate and graduate academic programs, scholarly and creative achievements, diversity and inclusiveness, and critical partnerships that take advantage of our setting to provide solutions to global concerns.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is an engaged, metropolitan university committed to excellence in teaching, research, and service, and dedicated to meeting the diverse needs of the region through strategic partnerships and community involvement.
In fulfilling our mission, we are committed to our core values:
Preparing for the Future
- The development of ethical and socially responsible leaders, professionals, scholars, and citizens
- The creation of opportunities for those who seek truth, knowledge, and higher quality of life
Education and Engagement
- Excellence in teaching within a student-focused, supportive, and challenging environment
- Achievement and national recognition in research, scholarship, and creative endeavors
- Effective partnerships that provide meaningful involvement in educational, economic, and community development
Positive Institutional Environment
- A collegial, mutually respectful, and professionally rewarding environment
- Broad diversity of people and ideas to strengthen our institution and community
- Reasonable and affordable access to quality higher education