FINGERPRINTING PROCEDURES FOR STUDENTS
*Fingerprinting must be completed again if the student returns to the university after a period of non-enrollment.*
UTeaChattanooga recognizes its ethical obligation to the children, youth, and adults in our cooperating fieldwork locations. Therefore, we require compliance with the State of Tennessee’s ruling that all students working with PreK-12 students undergo a fingerprint-based background check. Results from this background check must be received by the UTeaChattanooga Program before students are allowed to proceed with any field experiences in the PreK-12 setting. Please follow the steps as outlined below:
|SERVICE||CURRENT FEE||REVISED FEE|
|Electronic Submission (TBI/FBI)||
- Prior to being fingerprinted sign a University of Tennessee Release Form.
- Fingerprinting Registration Directions:
- Register online with L-1 Identity Solutions (phone: 855-226-2937). Do this by going to the following website: http://www.L1enrollment.com. Click on Tennessee in the map and then click on “Online Scheduling.” Choose your language of choice.
- Enter your name in the boxes, making sure to use your legal name.
- Choose “Non-DCS Child Care/ Adoption Providers” for Agency Name.
- For Applicant Type, choose “Child-Related Worker (Private).”
- Enter UTeaChattanooga’s ORI number TNCC33079. It should ask you if you want to be fingerprinted for UTeaChattanooga if you entered the ORI correctly.
- Enter your zip code to find the nearest fingerprinting location near you and to schedule an appointment. There are locations in Chattanooga, Athens, Dayton and Cleveland. Fingerprinting is done by appointment only.
- Provide your personal identification information (see back of page).
- In the next screen, verify the following information: Agency Name (Non-DCS Child Care/Adoption Providers), ORI Number (TNCC33079-UTEACHATTANOOGA), and Applicant Type (Child-Related Worker (Private)). Check your appointment details and personal information for accuracy.
- Payment is determined at registration. You may pay by credit card, debit card, or e-check online or you may take a money order or cashier’s check to the location on the day of your appointment. The cost is $42.
- On the day of your appointment, TAKE A VALID PHOTO ID WITH YOU WHEN YOU GO TO BE PRINTED. Make sure to arrive on time. The Enrollment Officer at the fingerprinting site will check your ID, verify your information, verify or collect payment, capture your fingerprints, and submit your data. This normally takes less than 5 minutes.
- You will receive a signed receipt at the end of your fingerprinting session. This is your proof of fingerprinting. Bring your receipt to your instructor. DO NOT FORGET YOUR RECEIPT IT IS YOUR ONLY PROOF OF FINGERPRINTING.
Please be prepared to provide the following personal identification information at the fingerprinting location:
- Applicant’s Legal Name
- Alias or Maiden Name
- Home Address
- Methods of Contact
- Demographic Data (make sure to enter your birthday without slashes or hyphens)
- Employer name and address:
- UTeaChattanooga- Dept. 7156
- 615 McCallie Ave.
- Chattanooga, TN 37403
ARCpoint of Chattanooga
- 6102 Shallowford Road, Suite 102
- Chattanooga, TN 37421
- Hours of Operation: Monday- Friday 8 am- 5 pm
UPS STORE 1995
- 2288 Gunbarrel Road, Suite 154
- Chattanooga, TN 37421 37421
- Hours of Operation: Monday- Friday 9 am- 6 pm
ARCpoint Labs of Cleveland North
- 55 Mouse Creek Road NE
- Cleveland, TN 37312
- Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
AIM Mail Center
- 412 S. White Street
- Athens, TN
- Hours of Operation: Monday- Friday 9 am – 6 pm; Saturday 10 am – 3 pm
UPS Store 3642
- 114 Stuart Road NE
- Cleveland, TN 37312
- Hours of Operation: Monday- Friday 9 am – 5:30 pm; Saturday 12 pm- 4 pm
ARCpoint Labs of Dayton
- 9297 Rhea County Highway
- Dayton, TN 37321
- Hours of Operation: Monday- Friday 8:30 am- 5:30 pm