Transforming education in and through the arts
The Southeast Center for Education in the Arts (SCEA), is a department under the College of Arts and Sciences of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga that creates bridges between:
- The Department of Art and the Department of Performing Arts with the School of Education.
- UTC students, faculty, and staff with arts-based and interdisciplinary research, creative activity, and experiential learning opportunities in PreK-12 schools and professional training.
- Our surrounding community with professional learning resources in arts education, arts integration, STEAM, early learning through the ARTS, and project-based learning.
- Content developed through our Arts Learning Labs (ALL) with all teachers from all schools.
- To provide experiential professional learning opportunities in arts education for working teachers, teaching artists, and UTC’s pre-service teachers.
- To advocate for a connected curriculum that targets deeper understanding in and through the arts.
- To facilitate the growth of a network of educators and artists committed to high quality arts education for all learners.