Fingerprinting Instructions for Applicants
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Social Work Program requires you to undergo a fingerprint-based background check as part of the admissions process.
- Prior to being fingerprinted please fill out and sign the fingerprinting release form and submit complete form to the UTC Social Work Department office located at Hunter Hall 209.
- Fingerprinting Release Form for UTC SW (this form must be completed and submitted to the Social Work Department PRIOR to the applicant beginning the background check process).
- Register online with IdentoGo prior to going out to their location. Go to www.identogo.com and fill out the form. You will be asked to make an appointment time.
- You may also register by calling 855-226-2937.
- Be prepared to show a valid photo ID to the fingerprint staff on your printing date.
- After being fingerprinted, write down your transaction number if you are given one and keep it with you. This is your receipt and proof of fingerprinting.
- When you pre-register, you will be asked for some information, including an ORI number. The ORI number for SOCIAL WORK is TNCC33083 our agency category is “Non-DCS child care Provider”. This will show up as one of the choices on a drop down menu.
- Payment to be made by: APPLICANT
- Applicant Type: “DP Child Related Worker”
- Employee Name and Address: University of Tennessee at Chattanooga 615 McCallie Ave. Chattanooga, TN 37403 ATTN: Jodi Whitted Social Work Dept 3133
The fee for fingerprinting is $42.00.
NOTE: It takes about two weeks for UTC to receive your results from the TBI.
Fingerprinting is done at the UPS Store #154, located at 2288 Gunbarrel Road, Chattanooga, TN 37421.
Directions to UPS Store:
- Start out going Northwest on McCallie Ave/TN-2 toward Douglas Street
- Turn left onto Georgia Ave/TN-2
- Turn Right onto E Martin Luther King Blvd/TN-2/E 9th St. Continue to follow E Martin Luther King Blvd
- Merge onto US-27 S toward 1-24
- Merge onto I-24 E via the exit on the left toward Atlanta/Knoxville
- Merge onto 1-74 N via Exit 185B on the left toward Knoxville.
- Take the Shallowford Rd exit, Exit 5
- Turn right onto Shallowford Rd
- Turn Right onto Gunbarrel Rd
- 2288 Gunbarrel Rd is on the left (UPS Store)
If you have any questions, please contact the UTC Social Work Department at 423-425-4266.