The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Teacher Education Program
Fingerprinting Procedures for StudentsThe State of Tennessee and the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Teacher Education Program requires you to undergo a fingerprint-based background check. Please follow the steps below:
- Prior to being fingerprinted see Doris Roensch in Room 312 Hunter Hall and sign a release form.
- Register on-line with L1 Identity Solutions prior to going out to their location. Go to www.L1enrollment.com and fill out the form. You will be asked to make an appointment time. You may also register by calling 855-226-2937.
- Be prepared to show a valid photo ID to the fingerprint staff on your printing date.
- When you pre register, you will be asked for some information, including an ORI number. The ORI number for UTC is TNCC33059. Our agency category is “Non-DCS Child Care/Adoption Providers.” This will show up as one of the choices on a drop down menu.
- Payment to be made by: APPLICANT
- Applicant type: “Child Related Worker Volunteer (Private)”
- Printing Location: UPS Store #1995, 2288 Gunbarrel Road, Chattanooga, TN 37421
- Employer Name and Address: University of Tennessee at Chattanooga 615 McCallie Ave. Chattanooga, TN 37403 ATTN: Dr. Linda Johnston, School of Education Dept 4154
L1 Identity Solutions fingerprinting location:
UPS Store 2288 Gunbarrel Road, Chattanooga, TN 37421
Hours of Operation: refer to website www.L1enrollment.com
Directions to UPS Store:
- Start out going Northwest on McCallie Ave/TN-2 toward Douglas Street.
- Turn Left onto Georgia Ave/TN-2
- Turn Right onto E Martin Luther King Blvd/TN-2/E 9th St. Continue to follow E Martin Luther King Blvd
- Merge onto US-27 S toward I-24
- Merge onto I-24 E via the exit on the Left toward Atlanta/Knoxville.
- Merge onto I-74 N via Exit 185B on the Left toward Knoxville
- Take the Shallowford Rd exit, Exit 5
- Turn Right onto Shallowford Rd.
- Turn Right onto Gunbarrel Rd
- 2288 Gunbarrel Rd is on the left. ( UPS Store)
Professional Liability Insurance
To apply for Professional Student Liability Insurance:
Join one of these organizations and you will automatically get the insurance. Print out the receipt or e-mail a copy of the receipt to Doris Roensch.