The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Teacher Education Program
Fingerprinting and Background Check Procedures for Students
The State of Tennessee and the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Teacher Education
Program requires you to undergo a Tennessee/TBI fingerprint-based background check.
Please follow the steps below:
- Prior to being fingerprinted see Doris Roensch in 312 Hunter Hall and sign a Fingerprint Release Form.
- Register on-line with IdentoGo prior to going out to their location. Go to https://www.identogo.com/
- Search by State: Tennessee, then follow the online directions
- Our agency name is “Non-DCS Child Care/Adoption Providers.”
- Applicant type: “Child Related Worker Volunteer (Private)”
- The ORI number for UTC is TNCC33059.
- Either enter zip code or on the map select the number 3 (green)
- Select your location, date, and time for you appointment
- Employer Name and Address: University of Tennessee at Chattanooga 615 McCallie Ave. Chattanooga, TN 37403 ATTN: Dr. Renee Murley, School of Education Dept 4154
- Be prepared to show a valid photo ID to the fingerprint staff on your printing date.
NOTE: It takes about two weeks for UTC to receive your results from the TBI. If you need to check on your status after being fingerprinted, contact Doris Roensch at 423-425-1781.
Professional Liability Insurance
To apply for Professional Student Liability Insurance:
Each insurance option has different expiration dates, please check before purchasing.
Join one of these organizations and you will automatically get the insurance. Print out the receipt or e-mail a copy of the receipt to Doris Roensch.