SouthEast Bank Scholars Program
- sponsored by *SouthEast Bank
SouthEast Bank Scholars include a prestigious group of incoming freshmen students from Tennessee chosen by participating post-secondary institutions for their exceptional character and academic commitment. These scholars will receive $5000 per year and may continue their award for three additional years so long as they maintain a minimum GPA, attend full time, and remain in good standing at UTC.
SouthEast Bank Scholars are selected from eligible candidates who meet a range of criteria. An eligible candidate must:
- Be a first-time freshman entering the Fall 2014 term,
- Be a Tennessee resident,
- Have a minimum 3.25 GPA for the first 7 semesters of high school or 23 ACT composite (1070 SAT),
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA),
- Be enrolled full time in a degree program,
- Be majoring in either Accounting or Finance,
- Demonstrate involvement community service/leadership.
Interested first-time freshmen who feel they meet the above criteria should:
- Electronically submit the FAFSA, which is available beginning January 1, 2014.
- Return a completed SouthEast Bank Scholars Application to the UTC Scholarship Office by mail, fax or email. Your application can be submitted even if your FAFSA has not yet been filed & vice versa.
Application deadline is Tuesday, April 15, 2014
*SouthEast Bank Scholars is a scholarship program designed to recognize and reward outstanding students seeking higher education in Tennessee. This program underwrites tuition expenses for qualified incoming freshmen at participating colleges and universities statewide. SouthEast Bank, with total assets in excess of $500 million, operates full service banking offices throughout the regions of East and Middle Tennessee. To learn more about SouthEast Bank, please visit www.southeastbank.com.