Working Together to Keep UTC Safe
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is working in close partnership with our campus and community partners to ensure that we are optimally prepared to address the highly unlikely, yet serious, Ebola virus threat to UTC.
Some specific actions taken by UTC to date include:
- Activating a planning team to review and revise our Infectious Disease Control plan. This team consists of members of our Emergency Operations Center team augmented by key campus entities.
- Collaborating with our community partners to ensure close coordination and consistency in planning and preparedness.
- Training and equipping our on-campus medical professionals at Student Health Services with the resources and protocols they need to safely identify and isolate any potential patients.
- Conducting a thorough analysis of the University community, including students, faculty and staff, to determine if anyone has recently traveled from the affected region, and we will actively monitor travel and provide guidance to University travelers. As always, all international level travel must be screened by the Office of Safety and Risk Management.
- Actively monitoring any suspected or confirmed cases anywhere in the United States, specifically paying attention to any cases that might impact our campus.
- Student Health Services
- Safety and Risk Management
- UTC Police
- University Relations
- Office of the Provost
- Human Resources
- Student Development
- Housing and Residence Life
- International Programs
- Chattanooga-Hamilton County Health Department
- Tennessee Health Department
- Hamilton County Emergency Medical Services
- Chattanooga Fire Department
- Hamilton County Emergency Services
- Tennessee Emergency Management Agency