Faculty Elevator Speech Competition
This form is for faculty Elevator Speech Competition presenters. The Faculty Poster/Display
presentation form can be accessed here. Students should select from the student options, found here.
- This form must be submitted by February 25, 2016.
- Spots in the competition are limited to 30. Only those who have received confirmation that their submission has been accepted
and selected for the competition (if the event is over-subscribed) will be able to
participate. If you do not receive receipt confirmation within two business days,
please call the Office of Research & Sponsored Programs at 4431.
- We will use the information from the form to develop event materials, so please list
all names as you would like them to appear on the website and in printed materials
(i.e. include credentials such as "John Smith, PhD" where applicable).
- Elevator speeches will be strictly limited to 5 minutes including any time needed
for slides or other audiovisual components. Because of the time & competition constraints,
we encourage presenters to keep audiovisual components minimal. Please plan carefully;
time will be monitored, and to ensure fairness, no participants will be allowed additional
- Audiovisual set-up / testing is available to elevator speech presenters from 12:00 - 1:00 on April 14, 2016.
- Audience members will determine the winners in each category at the end of that category’s
time block, so encourage your colleagues to attend and support you! The VCR Prize
will be selected from among the category winners. All winners will be announced at
the faculty & staff reception from 5:00-7:00 in the Library, 4th Floor.
- Prizes: Four semi-finalists (one from each category) will be selected to win a $500
mini grant to be used for their research/scholarly pursuits. Of those, one grand prize
winner will be awarded a part-time Graduate Assistant position to work for them for
the 2016 - 2017 academic year.
- If you have any questions, please call Baley Whary at 1743.