Prior Learning Assessment
Did you know that you may be able to earn college credit for what you already know and have accomplished?
Prior learning assessments (PLAs) is where students may earn credit for college level learning gained outside of the traditional classroom setting. PLA credit may include competency examinations, employer training programs, military service and other learning experiences.
PLA credit is only awarded for college level learning.
Credit By Examination
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- College-Level Examination (CLEP)
- DSST Credit by Exam Program (Formerly DANTES)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- UTC Credit by Examination
- Military service credit
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Workplace training and certificates
- Continuing Education Units (CEU)
- Correspondence and Extension Credit
- Work experience/practical training
- Other experiential learning
Other types of PLA may also be accepted.
Prior Learning Portfolio
At LearningCounts.org, individuals can create a learning portfolio that documents their individual learning for assessment by a faculty member, which will help determine if they could receive any college level credit for what you already know.
Click today to see what you may have already learned!