Prior Learning Assessment
Did you know that you may be able to earn college credit for what you already know and have accomplished?
Prior learning assessments (PLAs) is where students may earn credit for college level learning gained outside of the traditional classroom setting. PLA credit may include competency examinations, employer training programs, military service and other learning experiences.
PLA credit is only awarded for college level learning.
Credit By Examination
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- College-Level Examination (CLEP)
- DSST Credit by Exam Program (Formerly DANTES)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- UTC Credit by Special Examination
- Military service credit
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Workplace training and certificates
- Continuing Education Units (CEU)
- Correspondence and Extension Credit
- Work experience/practical training
- Other experiential learning
Other types of PLA may also be accepted.
Prior Learning Assessment by Portfolio
The Integrated Studies program may be an appropriate degree for a student with prior learning. It allows students to create a course plan to fit their educational and career goals by integrating courses by tow or three disciplines.
How Do I Earn Portfolio Credit?
Evidence of acquired college-level learning must be provided by the student; this may include certificates, training, program information, and other materials developed under the guidance of a faculty member or advisor. The student should consider enrolling in INTS 3010, Prior Learning Portfolio Development.
Complete this questionnaire to receive additional information about portfolio credit.