The University’s goal is to acquire the goods and services that UTC’s departments need, at the most reasonable price consistent with value, quality and time consideration. In buying goods and services, UTC seeks to strike an appropriate balance between purchase price, value, quality, delivery and service. UTC also attempts to achieve an appropriate balance between competition and negotiation as permitted by the University’s Procurement Policy. To best serve the interest of the University, the Purchasing Department:
- Strives to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Considers quality, price and ability to deliver on schedule.
- Expects honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium of an oral or written statement, an advertisement, or a sample of the product.
- Declines personal gifts or gratuities.
- Regards each transaction on its own merits.
- Grants all competitive suppliers equal consideration.