Welcome to the Psychology Department at
The University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
350 Holt Hall, 702 E. 5th St.
615 McCallie Ave. Dept. 2803
Chattanooga, TN 37403
- The Department of Psychology at The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is committed to enhancing knowledge of psychological principles and practices through scholarship and rigorous research. In addition, the faculty are committed to promoting the discipline of Psychology through professional service at the national and local levels.
- Psychology is one of the largest majors at UTC. The Department of Psychology has developed a curriculum that provides a broad spectrum of undergraduate education opportunities that prepare students for graduate study in psychology, or related fields. In addition, an undergraduate major in psychology can also prepare students for medical school, business school, or law school.
- The Department of Psychology offers two graduate programs designed to develop the research and professional skills necessary to function as applied or basic scientists in psychology. Concentrations include industrial/organizational (I-O) psychology and research psychology. The I-O psychology program is intended to provide students with the necessary preparation for effective professional practice in work organizations or to prepare them to pursue doctoral work in I-O psychology or a related discipline. The research concentration is designed for students who wish to pursue graduate study of topics other than those covered in the applied areas. Options within this concentration are general experimental psychology and social/developmental psychology.
- We have a dynamic dedicated faculty with wide ranging interests and active research areas in almost all areas of modern psychology.
- The Psychology Department is also home to Modern Psychological Studies, a publication devoted to undergraduate research.