Registered Nurse with MSN
Nurses with a master's degree in nursing are eligible to continue graduate study and obtain a post-master's certificate in Nurse Anesthesia.
- Must meet the same admission requirements listed for the MSN in Nurse Anesthesia.
However, MAT or GRE scores are waived.
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Have current unrestricted RN licensure in Tennessee or eligibility for Tennessee RN
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS certifications prior to enrollment
- Must have at least 2 years of critical care experience. Critical care experience includes
all of the following:
- SICU, CVICU
- MICU, CCU
- PICU, NICU (Pediatric or Neonatal Intensive Care)
- Research and shadow CRNAs (2 or more)
- Develop resume, professional essay (prior professional experience, future career goals,
and reasons for pursuing graduate study)
- Obtain three professional recommendations, including your direct supervisor who can speak about your clinical experience in an acute care setting