Students seeking admission into the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Family Nurse Practitioner Concentration must meet the admission requirements of both the Graduate School and the MSN Family Nurse Practitioner requirements. The completed application including attachments must be received in the Graduate School by October 1st. The process for applying is outlined below:
- Apply to the UTC Graduate School using the online application. You should apply for the summer term you will be starting in the program.
- Apply to the School of Nursing by completing the School of Nursing Graduate Application and submitting electronically to Bonny-Clark@utc.edu.
- After applying, you must submit the following items to the UTC Graduate School at Bonny-Clark@utc.edu or 615 McCallie Avenue, Department 5305; Chattanooga, TN 37403.
- Personal Statement
- Licenses, CPR and Certificates
- Official GRE/MAT Scores (Institution Code: MAT - 1759 and GRE – 1831)
- All College/University Official Transcripts
Applicants must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale, at least one year of direct patient care experience, and documentation of all items requested as part of the application above. Post Master’s Certificate applicants are not required to submit GRE or MAT scores and must have a Master’s of Science in Nursing from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.