What is Moc Speed?
Moc Speed is three day camp exclusively for incoming freshmen at UTC. Moc Speed will allow students to gain a better understanding of how to be successful here at UTC. The three day camp will take place at the Ocoee Retreat Center from August 11th through August 13th. Students will interact with UTC faculty, staff and upperclassmen who are all passionate about making their first year successful. At Moc Speed, students will learn what is expected in and out of the classroom, gain leadership skills, learn from life lessons from their upperclassmen, gain tons of new friends and understand why Mocs fly together through school spirit and bonding exercises!
Why Should I Go?
Moc Speed is the best way to get involved with UTC as an incoming freshman. Through different group exercises, you will learn what it takes to be a successful Moc! Here are our students' top 5 reasons why you should attend!
- You will learn tools that will make you successful as a freshmen at UTC!
- Coming to college with a group of friends always makes the transition easier. By making connections at Moc Speed, you will have a support system before classes even begin!
- Who doesn't like a little adventure? Whitewater rafting is on everyone's bucket list and you get to do it here at Moc Speed!
- UTC has so much to offer. At Moc Speed you will find out what is waiting for you at UTC.
- Are you fired up about being a MOC? This camp will teach you all about UTC's school spirit and traditions. Moc Speed is the camp you don't want to miss!
Sign Me Up!
The registration for Moc Speed is found in the freshmen orientation registration. Registration will open JANUARY 15, 2017. If you have already signed up for orientation and would like to attend, please log back into your account, click on the "Outdoor Excursions" tab and simply select that you would like to attend Moc Speed. If you have not signed up for orientation, please click here.
All students must fill out and return the student information form in order to attend Moc Speed. This form will be emailed to all registered participants. The deadline to return this form is July 28, 2017. Please either scanned and email to Bradley-Bell@utc.edu or sent by mail to the following address:
102 University Center-New Student and Family Programs- Dept. 1921
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
615 McCallie Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37403
At check-in, students will be required to sign additional forms. If you are a student who is under the age of 18, we can email you the forms. Please request the forms by sending an email to Bradley-Bell@utc.edu.
Be sure to continue to check your UTC email account! We will send all updates to that email. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office. Go MOCS!