2015 Band Camp
Drums and Guard - August 5 - 15
Leadership - August 9 - 15
New Members - August 9 - 15
Winds, Twirlers, Elite - August 11 - 15
I Heard We Get Paid to March and Travel - Really?
You heard correctly. A first year Marching Moc has all expenses paid (including travel, shoes, ball caps, and warm-up suits). Pep band members receive an additional scholarship and basketball band travels all over the country following the team to NCAA tournament. Places we have been are Charleston, Chicago, Philadelphia, New York City, Phoenix, Savannah, Tampa, Miami, Las Vegas, Denver, and St. Louis to name a few.
Band Camp Information
- You will get a confirmation email when you have registered for camp. You will also get information emails closer to camp.
- During band camp, you will be living where you will be living for the fall semester. If this is on campus, make sure you indicate this when you register so that you will be allowed to move into your dorm early.
- Those who need an instrument can borrow one from UTC at no charge. You will be able to do this when band camp starts.
- Make sure you also sign up for marching band as a course, MUS 0030.
- What to bring to camp: YOUR INSTRUMENT (if you have one), sunscreen, a hat, a towel for morning yoga/stretching, a lyre if you have one, and a reusable cup for water.
- Any questions? Email Dr. Schafer.
Please contact Mary-Elise Barrett for instructions regarding guard camp.
Mary Elise is a graduate from Goodpasture High School and is currently a B.A. art major at UTC. During high school, she was selected for the U.S. Army All-American Colorguard. After high school, she went on to march 4 years for Spirit Drum and Bugle Corps (2008-2011) and one year for CorpsVets Drum and Bugle Corps (2012). She has also marched 4 years with Eklipse World Class Winterguard out of Nashville, TN (2010-2013). Mary Elise has taught at multiple different high schools but is currently the colorguard instructor for Signal Mountain Middle High School where she started the first Signal Mountain Winterguard. Mary Elise's parents are both graduates of UTC and she is very excited to continue working with the UTC colorguard.
The drum instructor is Mr. Matt Broom. Auditions and camp for the Drumline will take place from August 5 - 9. There are limited number of spots for the drumline. Prepare for your audition! The audition packet can be downloaded here. If you are a music major and do not make the drumline contact Dr. Smith immediately. If you have any questions regarding the drumline contact Matt Broom.
Click above to get directions to the Fine Arts Center