Application Process for the
UTC REU in Mathematics Program
Eligibility for the REU in Mathematics Program:
Selection criteria include:
- US citizenship or permanent residency of the US or one of its possessions;
- Minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Be a rising senior, but outstanding rising juniors who meet the other selection criteria will be considered as well;
- Have completed the calculus sequence, linear algebra, differential equations, and at least two other upper level math courses such as abstract algebra, matrix theory, complex analysis, probability theory, etc.
We will try to choose students who are likely to be successful working on a research project and who will benefit the most from this REU experience. We will not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, or religion. Applications from members of groups underrepresented in sciences as well as from students whose institutions do not have research programs for undergraduates are especially welcome.
- Complete the on-line application form (The 2014 REU application form will be available
- Submit college transcripts and at least two letters of recommendation to:
Professor John R. Graef
Department of Mathematics
Dept 6956, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Chattanooga, TN 37415
Unofficial transcripts and signed letters of recommendation sent by fax or email are acceptable.