Faculty Presentations and Invited Talks
The Mathematics department prides itself on a tradition of active and productive research.
Below are recent Presentations and Invited Talks that Department of Mathematics faculty
members have given on their recent research topics in chronological order.
- Avdonin, Sergei, “Inverse problems on quantum graphs with cycles,” Invited talk, Joint Mathematics Meetings, San Diego, CA, January 12, 2013.
- Avdonin, Sergei, “Boundary control approach to inverse problems,” Colloquium talk, Department of Mathematics, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX, January 25, 2013.
- Avdonin, Sergei, “Inverse spectral and dynamical problems on quantum graphs,” Invited seminar talk, Department of Physics, Texas Southern University, Houston, TX, January 28, 2013.
- Nichols, Roger, "Positivity Preserving Semigroups and Heat Kernel and Green's Function Bounds," University of Alabama at Birmingham Mathematics Colloquium. Birmingham, AL. February 1, 2013.
- Avdonin, Sergei, “Riesz bases of exponentials and their applications in signal processing,” Invited seminar talk, Department of Mathematics, University of Linkoping, Linkoping, Sweden, February 22, 2013.
- Avdonin, Sergei, “Inverse Problems for Differential Equations on Graphs,” Invited seminar talk, Mittag-Leffler Institute, Stockholm, Sweden, March 4, 2013.
- Kong, Lingju, “Existence of solutions to a discrete fourth order periodic boundary value problem,”New Trends in Differential and Difference Equations Conference'' in honor of Prof. John R. Graef's 70th birthday, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Chattanooga, TN, March 15-16, 2013.
- Smith, R.L, "Recent Results on Normal Matrices", Invited Talk, Auburn University, Auburn, AL, April 12, 2013.
- Darken, Betsy, “Quantitative reasoning across the curriculum.” UTC Instructional Excellence Conference. May 2, 2013.
- Wang, Min. "Boundary value problems for fractional differential equations." NIU Math Colloquium, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL, Mar. 1, 2013.
- Wang, Min. "A Chebyshev spectral method for solving Riemann-Liouville fractional boundary value problems." New Trends in Differential and Difference Equations Conference, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Chattanooga, TN, Mar. 15, 2013.
- Liu, Roy. "Connectedness, Hessian and Generalized Numerical Ranges." The 18th Conference of the International Linear Algebra Society, Providence, Rhode Island, June 3-7, 2013.
- Liu, Roy. "On Copositive-Plus Matrices." Southern Regional Algebra Conference, Southeastern Louisiana University, March 15-17, 2013.
- Gao, Cuilan, “Empirical Bayesian Selection of hypothesis testing procedures for analysis of digital gene expression data”, Invited talk, IMS-China International Conference on Statistics and Probability, Chengdu, China, July 3, 2013.
- Andrew Ledoan. "Differences between consecutive primes," SERMON (SouthEastern Regional Meeting on Numbers) 2013, High Point University, High Point, North Carolina, April 13, 2013